How to use
Preparing the cylinder pressure measurement.
- Check your environment condition (For seagoing vessel: No maneuver drive and constant power)
- Clean the indicator ports, the thread and blow through just for protecting the sensor.
ATTENTION! Carry protection glasses and gloves!
Check your MarPrime. Make sure, that the battery is complete charged.
- Press button START more than 3 seconds
- LED POWER is green, then the battery is okay
- If LED POWER is blinking red, battery is empty and must be recharged.
If you have an ultra sonic sound sensor (MarPrime Ultra) place it on the cylinder head and connect the plug into the right socket at your MarPrime device. Please clean the metallic surface under the sensor of the cylinder head and use coupler agent (oil) for the measurement.
Start with the first cylinder of the engine.
- Mount the cylinder pressure sensor on the indicator cock.
- Open the indicator cock. Wait 30 seconds to heat up the sensor (only needed for the first cylinder).
- Push the button START shortly. The measurement runs while LED POWER and LED CYCLE are green.
- If LED CYCLE switches off, the measurement has been finished and all data was saved on the devices internal memory.
- If LED STATUS is blinking red the measurement failed and you should repeat your measurement for this cylinder.
- Close the indicator cock and unmount the pressure sensor.
- Repeat Step 1 to 6 for each cylinder.
Please note the scavenge air pressure from external display after the measurement for turbo charger engines. You need this value later in the MarPrime software.
- Start your PC and MarPrime software. (Make sure that the MarPrime software is installed properly on your PC and your firewall fully accepts MarPrime communication through the whole network)
- Connect your MarPrime device with the PC via network (LAN) or via USB (never use both at the same time!). Therefore please use one of the supplied cables.
- Start the device and check if the software has recognized it. You will find in the upper right corner a green connection button which switches to green if the device successfully connected. Check the connection button and make sure that the device is stand by (LED POWER is green)
- Press the first button in the icon row, Load Data from Device. This function opens the next figure, called SELECT ENGINE CONFIG. Choose the relevant one and press Proceed and the data transfer begins. You can import or edit Configurations by clicking Config. Edit in the menu bar. For more information please read the manual chapter 7.
- The next dialog shows all measurement files with file size and scavenge air pressure field. Here you have to insert the value you noted in step 7 before. A correct scavenge air pressure is essential for the measurement analysis.
- Press the button Load Files. The dialog closes and the main dialog shows the transfer and calculation status.
- After the file transfer and calculations finished, you are encouraged to save the file and start analyzing your measurement.